Planet Debian

Subscribe to Planet Debian feed
Planet Debian -
Updated: 55 min 8 sec ago

Michal Čihař: New projects on Hosted Weblate

25 August, 2017 - 23:00

Hosted Weblate provides also free hosting for free software projects. The hosting requests queue has grown too long, so it's time to process it and include new project.

This time, the newly hosted projects include:

If you want to support this effort, please donate to Weblate, especially recurring donations are welcome to make this service alive. You can do them on Liberapay or Bountysource.

Filed under: Debian English SUSE Weblate

Steve McIntyre: Let's BBQ again, like we did last summer!

25 August, 2017 - 09:00

It's that time again! Another year, another OMGWTFBBQ! We're expecting 50 or so Debian folks at our place in Cambridge this weekend, ready to natter, geek, socialise and generally have a good time. Let's hope the weather stays nice, but if not we have gazebo technology... :-)

Many thanks to a number of awesome companies and people near and far who are sponsoring the important refreshments for the weekend:

I've even been working on the garden this week to improve it ready for the event. If you'd like to come and haven't already told us, please add yourself to the wiki page!

Dirk Eddelbuettel: BH 1.65.0-1

25 August, 2017 - 08:13

The BH package on CRAN was updated today to version 1.65.0. BH provides a sizeable portion of the Boost C++ libraries as a set of template headers for use by R, possibly with Rcpp as well as other packages.

This release upgrades the version of Boost to the rather new upstream version Boost 1.65.0 released earlier this week, and adds two new libraries: align and sort.

I had started the upgrade process a few days ago under release 1.64.0. Rigorous checking of reverse dependencies showed that mvnfast needed a small change (which was trivial: just seeding the RNG prior to running tests), which Matteo did in no time with a fresh CRAN upload. rstan is needing a bit more work but should be ready real soon now and we are awaiting a new version. And once I switched to the just release Boost 1.65.0 it became apparent that Cyclops no longer needs its embedded copy of Boost iterator---and Marc already made that change with yet another fresh CRAN upload. It is a true pleasure to work in such a responsive and collaborative community.

Changes in version 1.65.0-1 (2017-08-24)
  • Upgraded to Boost 1.64 and then 1.65 installed directly from upstream source with several minor tweaks (as before)

  • Fourth tweak corrects a misplaced curly brace (see the Boost ublas GitHub repo and its issue #40)

  • Added Boost align (as requested in #32)

  • Added Boost sort (as requested in #35)

  • Added Boost multiprecision by fixing a script typo (as requested in #42)

  • Updated Travis CI support via newer

Via CRANberries, there is a diffstat report relative to the previous release.

Comments and suggestions are welcome via the mailing list or the issue tracker at the GitHub repo.

This post by Dirk Eddelbuettel originated on his Thinking inside the box blog. Please report excessive re-aggregation in third-party for-profit settings.


Creative Commons License ลิขสิทธิ์ของบทความเป็นของเจ้าของบทความแต่ละชิ้น
ผลงานนี้ ใช้สัญญาอนุญาตของครีเอทีฟคอมมอนส์แบบ แสดงที่มา-อนุญาตแบบเดียวกัน 3.0 ที่ยังไม่ได้ปรับแก้